Having by faith been apprehended by God for righteousness, I have repented from dead works,
been baptized in water and furthermore affirm the following doctrine as basic and necessary for the Christian faith:
I believe in Jesus Christ, Godís only Son, our Lord, the only begotten of the Father,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended unto hades, on the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven where he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come
again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic (universal) church, the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. AMEN
I affirm that Godís holy universal church is given practical expression in the local assembly of Christians.
I affirm that God alone creates, empowers, leads and establishes the authority of such an assembly.
I affirm that such a local church body, rightly submitted, enjoys a particular covering, audience,
and responsibility before God unshared by any other entity whether in spirit or nature.
I affirm that Christian Covenant Church is a legitimate, God ordered local assembly.
I now affirm that after prayer and supplication that it is the will of God for me and mine to participate
in the life of Christian Covenant Church to the extent that God allows.
I agree to be ruled and judged by the Biblical principals of behavior and submit myself to the laws
of the body of Christ, as outlined in the attached page.
In recognition of the necessity of every believer to be joined to a local assembly, I hereby
commit my presence, my labor, my prayers and my tithes to Christian Covenant Church, its members and its mission. AMEN
I covenant by the grace of God:
- To have the same respect for the covenant members of this church that I have for my natural brothers and sisters.
- To care for the physical needs of my covenant brothers and sisters with the same diligence I would
care for those of my natural extended family.
- To faithfully support this church with my tithes.
- To submit to the unanimous decisions of the covenant members.
- To submit to Godís ordained eldership as established by unanimous consent of the covenant members.
- To never speak or otherwise gesture defaming words or impressions against my covenant brothers or sisters.
- To always be guided by Matthew 18:15-17 in all differences, offences, and sins between me and
any covenant brothers or sisters. ďMoreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his
fault between thee and him alone; if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear
thee, then take with thee one or two more that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto
thee as an heathen man and a publican.Ē
I further covenant:
- That if I ever feel that God has called me to leave this covenant, that I will
proceed according to this predetermined due process established by unanimous consent of the covenant members.
Due Process for Leaving the Church Covenant
- Offer publicly to the covenant members the idea that I am called of God to leave this covenant.
- Submit, if deemed necessary by the body, to a reasonable amount of time for body prayer and open discussion of the matter.
- At the end of that time inform the covenant members publicly that I still feel the call to leave this covenant.
Status of Non-covenant Friends and Members of Christ
- They may partake in all church functions, the Lordís Supper, etc.
- They are always welcome to regular meetings.
- They may share freely and orderly at the pulpit and other meetings
- They may be consulted for input and insight into decisions of the church, but only
covenant members may vote in any church process or financial decisions.
- They may be excluded at times from non-regular meetings.
- Although the particulars of this covenant have been mostly understood since the conception of this fellowship, we the present covenant members, at the celebration of the joining of the Kenny Houk family, deem it appropriate to express our covenant in writing.
- The Mike Bell family
- The David Bird family
- The Gary Church family
- The Steve Ward family
- The Nehemiah Ward family
- The Scott Croft Family
 This should not be confused with the Roman Catholic belief in communion with dead saints, it
simply acknowledges the belief in the body and community of Christ and the fellowship thereof.